People interested in obtaining a license to grow, process or transport medical marijuana, or to operate a provisioning center or safety compliance facility are invited to attend one of five upcoming education sessions to familiarize themselves with the process.
The sessions are presented by Michigan’s Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs and the Bureau of Medical Marihuana Regulation.
There’s no cost to attend but registration is required at https://www.metrc.com/michigan by 5:00 p.m. Nov. 1 to guarantee entrance.
Locations and dates of sessions:
• Nov. 8: Oakland Community College, 27055 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington Hills
• Nov. 9: Saginaw Valley State University, 7400 Bay Road, University Center
• Nov. 13: Great Wolf Lodge, 3575 North US Highway 31 South, Traverse City
• Nov. 14: Wing’s Conference Center, 3600 Vanrick Drive, Kalamazoo
• Nov. 15: Kellogg Conference Center, 291 South Harrison Road, East Lansing
Sessions will run 9 a.m. to noon.
The Nov. 9 and 15 events will also be live-streamed on the website www.michigan.gov/medicalmarihuana
Applications won’t be completed at the sessions, but attendees can learn about the process and requirements