Marty Schladen The Columbus Dispatch @martyschladen
Pot is hot in Franklin County, judging from the number of applicants seeking to sell medical marijuana.
The county has the most firms seeking to operate a dispensary, according to an updated list of applications released by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy.
The board received applications to operate dispensaries at 69 sites in Franklin County. Cuyahoga County had the second-most applications, 57.
Of those potential Franklin County sites, only five provisional licenses will be awarded.
None of the prospective locales is in one of the northern suburbs: Gahanna, New Albany, Westerville, Worthington or Dublin.
Among the Columbus sites:
• Four are proposed along East Main Street near James Road.
• Two are along West Broad Street adjacent to the Hollywood Casino Columbus site.
• One is in the Crosswoods shopping center just north of Worthington.
• One is a block from the North Market, just north of Nationwide Arena.
• One is across state Route 315 from the Schottenstein Center.
• One is near a tattoo parlor and pawn shop on West Broad Street